This solo episode belongs to the Tea Time with Nory, podcast edition.
Tea Time with Nory is an intimate look at Nory’s life, & updates from iAmHealthyFit. Released once a month, these shorter episodes allow listeners to connect with Nory and learn about how she keeps herself unstuck.
April 25th, 2019, marked the one year anniversary since husband and I left DC, quit our 9-5s and moved to Florida. I didn’t know it then, but April 25th, 2018, kick-started one of the most transformational, growth-filled, uncomfortable and happiest years of my life.
So in today’s episode, I’m sharing an intimate look at 12 of the many lessons I’ve learned in the past 12 months. Lessons that have not only helped me overcome my depression, they also helped me launch a successful business and become a more peaceful human.
Here’s are the lessons we’re going to cover in this episode:
- You’re responsible for yourself, how you feel about situations and how long you feel that way.
- Discipline is a form of self-love, not punishment.
- Death creates space for life, new ideas, new beliefs, and new values.
- Being available is not easy, but it is worth it.
- Honesty with yourself is harder than you think.
- Everyone needs a life principle, something that holds them together.
- You have all the answers about what’s best for you because no one knows you better than you know yourself.
- Everyone yearns for compassion, kindness, love, and understanding.
- I have the ability to become my own safe space. I Am Home.
- Growth is not always painless and comfortable.
- Your intuition is always eager to guide you. All you have to do is pay attention.
- Love yourself no matter what.